Internal Medicine Residency Program

\\\Riverside GME Program \\\

International Medical Graduates

Applications of qualified international medical graduates are also considered through ERAS. Applications outside of the Match or ERAS systems are not considered.


1. Valid ECFMG certificate and a California Letter. A California letter is the Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (“PTAL”), issued from the Medical Board of California. Please note that graduates from International medical schools are required to acquire ECFMG certification by December 31 and a valid PTAL letter by February 1 in order to be ranked in the Match.

2. Your medical school must be on the California Medical Board’s list of approved institutions. We prefer candidates who passed their USMLE/COMLEX examinations on the first attempt.

3. Clinical experience (with supportive letters) in the United States is strongly recommended for international graduates. We also prefer applicants who have graduated from medical school within the previous three years and have been involved in clinical care since graduation.

Contact Us